1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysterious love note/chocolates, is it really that obvious I'm lesbian?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by VTH, Jun 20, 2015.

1. VTH

VTH

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So last Valentine's Day I went to crew (rowing) practice after school. Everyone puts their backpacks and stuff in the locker room, so, when I came back into the locker room after practice I found a small box of chocolates and a note inside my backpack. I sort of blew it off thinking that it was just a super sweet gift from one of my friends. When I got home I decided to read the note. I opened it and it said all this stuff saying that they would have given me something on my birthday, that they thought I was really pretty and a small poem. They signed it with "Love, L" and at the bottom it said "I don't know if you like girls but I am...". I didn't know how to react so l never told anyone about it and I just threw it away thinking that I didn't want my mom to find it. I had no clue who it was so I couldn't really do anything about it.

Now it's a year later and back then I kind of had the idea that I might like girls but I wasn't fully questioning myself. Right now I've really been questioning myself and I'm almost 100% I'm lesbian. I'm not out to anyone but, is it really that obvious that I'm not really into guys? What would you have done if this happened to you?

2. bi2me

Any idea who sent it? Are you still in contact?

3. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's really cute! I wouldn't say being obvious has anything to do with it, or she's have said something in person. Being anonymous implies she wasn't sure you'd be interested, then again it was valentines day.

I'd totally try and find out who it was, but then I'm super curious. Any ideas?

Although I have to say, in the moment, I'd have reacted the same way you did. I'm also a wimp lol

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I would be searching like crazy to find that person if only to make a friend. Since the note said they weren't sure, chances are most people who aren't lesbian/bi are even less likely to suspect you. But in any case, what other people think is out of your control. Just focus on yourself and finding friends/family who can help you with coming out.

5. VTH

VTH

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm pretty sure I know who it is but I feel like it would be wierd to go up to her and say, "uh did you leave me love not and box of chocolates in my backpack?" and have her say no. But I'll try to talk to her!

6. bi2me

Maybe just leave her an anonymous note. If she's the one who left it for you, she will understand. If she's not, you don't have to put yourself out there.