1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice for my friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LW995, Jun 21, 2015.

1. LW995

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I have this friend at college, who is gay. We're the best of friends really but problem is he has a crush on this one guy who just totally isn't into him. He has told my friend several times and he also kinda acted nasty towards him for a while. Lately though things seemed to be getting better till my friend kissed him at a party a few weeks ago. Once again the feeling wasn't mutual. Now this guy had made clear once again that he isn't interested in my friend at all but now all of a sudden he makes these comments. They're suggestive like "if you looked like that you could try again." pointing at a muscular guy in a magazine, plain suggestive comments basically :/
    And I just want to hear your opinion on this

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Sounds like the guy he's crushing on is pretty shallow, just wanting to get with hot guys.
    Perhaps you could try and run through the situation with your friend, telling him what you are seeing in it. Hopefully he would understand.

#2 Connorcode, Jun 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2015
  3. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's a possibility your friend latches onto the "you can try again" part...
    I think it's more an awkward figure of speech used to say the 3rd friend is more into certain types of guys that your friend isn't.

This sort of situation makes me sad, because sometimes it means someone will go to great lengths to change physically or even personality-wise in some desperate attempt become someone they're not, in the hopes to finally be "compatible" with someone. No guarantee this is the outcome, but it's guaranteed the person trying to change won't be living "authentically". I hope that doesn't sound judgmental.

Your friend is probably best to forget about that guy.