1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure if Craigslist is a good idea

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Toblyawesome, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Toblyawesome

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I made an add on Craigslist (not wanting a dating site profile) but I'm not sure if it's what's good for me.
    I'm not sure if I'm actually seeking a relationship or if I'm just looking for some flirtations and such so I figured maybe something really informal like CL would be alright.
    I was hoping to maybe hear some advice or wisdom from others in the community over one specific worry I have over a CL listing. Fetishizing Trans-men.
    I'm worried the dudes that'll reply to me will be the kind of guy with a thing for tomboys. I want to flirt and talk to these guys as a guy, not as some boyish girl they hope will top them to service a need.
    I dunno though, are these worries unfounded? As a Transman that's something I am always worried about and on Craigslist I feel like I may be a lamb in a field of wolves here.
    Any sort of opinion or advice is welcome! Thanks

2. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you're looking for a relationship on CL, it may be a tad hard. Of courses there is always a diamond to be found in a bed of coals. You may get lucky and find a person who respects your identity and individuality.
    Whatever informal flirtatious imply, I feel you may not fare so well. Lots of men on there are looking for sex and just that. They have needs and fantasies that will make you a lamb.
    Just be safe and be clear about what you want. Just because a person is gay or bi doesn't mean they will be accepting or knowledgeable of all the subgroups in their minority. You may or not be fetishized depending on the ignorance of the person that contacts you.

3. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

I feel your pain

4. Toblyawesome

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I joined last night and already everything you've said is pretty true. All in all I've had a lot of older men looking for young boyfriends but there have been a few diamonds popping up. I'm surprised I only got one really gross guy so far.
    Thank you btw, your response has so far been spot on from what I'm experiencing.

---------- Post added 22nd Jun 2015 at 08:22 AM ----------

Have you tried CL? If so, any pointers? haha

5. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm glad I could help. It literally was the first place that exposed me to gay culture. Yeah, as you can imagine is was not a good first impression lol.