1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Starlight123, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I guess I've been questioning myself for a while now. I have always considered myself straight. I do however have a massive crush on my best friend. I don't have romantic feelings for any other girls just my best friend. I tried to tell her how I felt but that didn't go so well. She doesn't believe me. She doesn't see how it could be true. I told her I love her more than a friend but that i wasn't interested in doing snything physical with her.

Does that make sense? I know I am confused it's just that it's hard sometimes to put your feelings into words. I am interested in her romantically. I wouldn't mind kissing, hugging and beimg affectionate but I dont want to have sex with her.

Do I sound crazy? Bc I feel crazy

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    You're not crazy. In my experiences, being strictly 100% straight, cis , etc. etc. is a lot less predominating than what society has it out to be.

If you're in love with your best friend there's nothing wrong with that.

Does it hurt you that she doesn't want to return your love?

And btw, if you're interested, as far as labels go, that would make you a "biromantic heterosexual".
    But then again, that doesn't matter as much as your feelings at this point, and you even said you've only felt like this for her.

3. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My feelings are definitely hurt. She has tols me she is not clear what I want. I think ahe really doesn't believe me. I've asked her why she doesn't believe me. She said she doesn't think I could feel that way abt her. I'm at a loss about what else to do. I didn't think I would have to be confessing my feelings over and over again. Once is hard enough

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Maybe you could tell her you don't want to lose her regardless, but to please take you seriously?

Do you feel that you could go back to a friends-only relationship if she is ultimately uninterested? Or would that be painful?

talking about it can help a lot, but not if it's only one-way.

You could tell her you're serious and this matters and that you want to talk about it.

5. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks a lot BeckiWoopx.

The situation is weird. She is definitely my best friend and I don't want to lose her but it is so painful to not have her how I want her. She told me yesterday that I am her rock.

She told me that we have is enough. I can see why it would be enough for her, i do everything in my power foe her. All shr has to do is ask. From her point of view it's enough bc she has all of me. I don't think it's the same for me.

If she doesn't feel the same way abt me I want to be able to move on but know it's not possible if I'm still talking to her. She is quite honestly the love of my life. I don't know how to exist without her.

I honestly don't know what to do. I feel so broken.

6. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I told her. She finally listened. She doesn't feel the same way. She said she has never thought about me in that way. I'm happy I did it. Feels like a weight has been lifted.

My advice to anyone struggling with feelings for a friend is to go ahead and tell them. Get it off your chest. Don't pressure them to feel the same way. Don't expect them to fall head over heels for you . If they are worth keeping as a friend this wont change things.

7. bi2me

I'm sorry she doesn't feel the same way back, but I'm glad you were able to get your feeling across to her. Let me know if you want to talk...

8. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good to see you faced your fears and spoke honestly with her. Now you will be less self-conscious if you ever find another girl you like.

9. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks everyone.

I'm so heartbroken. I spoke with her all day yesterday but not about my feelings. It's kind of like I said nothing to her. It's very frustrating.

I'm so sad.

10. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's okay to feel sad, and maybe you just need some time away from her.