1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why does it sting so much?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by warthog, Jun 22, 2015.

1. warthog

I'm sure almost anyone could relate, going through a breakup is a nasty thing.
    I think maybe i'm too sensitive, because it's really effecting me in a way that is destructive.
    I feel ashamed, that if someone even mentions him my stomach sinks and I get foggy.
    I also feel ashamed that if I hear a song with lyrics I could relate to I cry immediately.
    He was a total asshole in the end, and logic says I should be relieved, and look for someone better, but even as I write this I tear up.

Dear god I love him so much it stings.

It hurts

2. DragKing692

I know how you feel. My best (straight) friend Angela had that same issue. And heartbreak is hard, we all deal with it, and every romance we've had is/was important to us, and we cant change that. But what I would do? Remind yourself that this is normal, to be sad, and find other fun things to occupy your time. Feel better, and if you need to just talk, message me.
    Best wishes,
    Bernie