1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help to get over a bestfriend Crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ShatteredLove, Jun 23, 2015.

1. ShatteredLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey everyone, I have a bit of a predicament. I have and have had a huge crush on one of my closest friends for almost a year now. She knows about it and is totally cool with it... But another thing is that she's straight (or bicurious). But I want to find a way to get over her without separating myself from her since we're so close, and I know nothing will ever happen between us which is hurting me more than it should. I still really want to be close friends with her and hang out with her a lot, but without having a crush on her... Any tips would be great :slight_smile:

2. confusedbubble

IRS hard I feel for you I had a massive crush on my straight best friend about 5 years ago she knew but was straight as an arrow. To help me move on I got myself out there to bars and pride it really helped me moving on because I met new people I still have feelings for her and were still best friends but it helped me move on

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aw that's rough. It's really hard to get over that type of thing, especially if you see her very often. I know this will sound cliche, but try to focus on other things. Don't get hung up on her. Try to notice other girls. Pursue your hobbies. Just don't mope around and keep busy. It sounds hard to do, but eventually you will get over her. (*hug*)

4. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is really hard to go through. I had a few crushes on best friends before-turns out it was just infatuations-but it's hard to get over a major crush. (I had one recently, and she rejected me so outright it kinda hurt. Okay not kinda, but a lot.) The way I got over it was by really, forcing myself to notice how she avoided me after I confessed. I still kinda like her though-I've just never told anyone. By forcing myself to notice how much she avoided me, it kinda hurt me again and again, until I could 'act normal' around her. (According to her.) It's been nearly half a year, tops? And she's still avoiding me.

In your case, talking to her might help. All my friends know I'm bi, and I talk to them about it all the time. Talking to them helped me a lot. Although for you, your closest friend is your crush...

Just remember, that she already knows, and you guys are still close-that shows that she still values you as a friend.

5. ShatteredLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I appreciate all of your guys's advice! Thank you :slight_smile:

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think mostly it comes down to just accepting your crush is straight (okay, being bicurious is going to cause problems). It's harder to maintain a crush if you think they aren't interested. Also, sometimes another crush (on someone who is bi/lesbian themselves) will help diminish this crush.