1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... There's this guy...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MH18, Jun 24, 2015.

1. MH18

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone!
    So, I'm sure you get people post things like this a lot but I'm gonna bug you with it anyway and any advice or input is welcome :slight_smile:.
    Well, personally I came out a while ago and all has gone pretty well since then luckily and then BOOM. I started college in September last year and I met loads of new people, being a straight acting guy people didn't know until they asked or I told them and even then they didn't all believe me haha. Anyway, I met one particular guy- who I will call JP- and he and I got along great and still do.
    JP and I have loads in common, we love football, enjoy rock music, share a similar sense of humour and so on so forth. Normally my male friends will talk to me about girls and I will join in- yeah she's pretty- she's nice etc. And I will talk with them about guys.
    He never wants to talk about girls, fair enough since everyone's different. I didn't think anything of this. But when I talk about guys he gets uncomfortable and quite dismissive of the topic but won't tolerate homophobia at the same time. A bit baffled but hey hoe, at first I didn't think much of it.
    As time has gone by we have grown close as friends and what I want to but I am scared to and at the same time don't want to tell him is that I am absolutely crazy about him, I love him. But I value his friendship too much to risk compromising it.
    At the same time I'm not sure if he plays for my team, our team, or if he is interested in girls... Or both? Is it because I am in love or is it that I am right. I couldn't ever just ask him because it might offend him.
    I just want some advice on how to handle the situation please. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

2. Posthuman666

Maybe if you came out directly to him. If you suspect him of being gay, and by coming out directly to him you show him that you trust him. If he is comfortable, and if he is indeed gay, maybe he will come out to you.

Good Luck!

3. MH18

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Okay thanks :slight_smile: that sounds like a good idea :slight_smile:

4. sweetprince

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Please tell us what happens! I'm genuinely interested! :slight_smile:

5. ConfusedguyZZ