1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about being attracted to my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by alexpm7, Jun 24, 2015.

1. alexpm7

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I'm new here. I joined because I'm really confused and I need help figuring this out.
    I've known I'm bisexual since I was a teen, but I've mostly had relationships with guys because of confidence issues, lack of acceptance by my family and some other stuff that has to do with the city I live in where homophobia is alive and well.
    I've been in casual relationships with girls and boys up until 3 years ago when I started dating my boyfriend. We love each other, he knows I'm bi and he's ok with it, we've had our problems but all in all we're a solid couple.
    The thing is, a few months ago I met a girl I was really attracted to. I obviously didn't act on it but, since then I've been thinking a lot about what it would be like to have a serious relationship with a girl. Or to just explore that side of me more.
    That feeling has been growing in me and a few weeks ago I think it started to affect my sexual relationship with my boyfriend. I don't get as turned on as before, and I expect things I know aren't going to happen. We've always had amazing sex, so I'm really confused about this.
    I just need someone to talk to.

2. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, welcome to EC! :smilewave

Is there a chance you feel like you have to repress that part of yourself because you are in a committed loving relationship? I know you're curious about a serious relationship with a woman, but maybe these feelings could be alleviated by incorporating them into your sexlife? For example, have you considered asking your boyfriend to tell you a story involving you and a woman during foreplay? Or is experimentation or an open arrangement (with only you seeing a woman) something he'd agree to? Whatever you do, don't worry, the way you're feeling right now doesn't mean there is anything wrong with you or your relationship.

#2 Ophelia, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  3. benefit25

welcome to EC!

I think that is definitely an issue with having not experimented enough. I would suggest that you consider talking to your bf about this since he is the one that is in the middle of this . I wish you the best of luck