1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does sex usually come after a kiss?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MouseKeeper, Jun 25, 2015.

1. MouseKeeper

Okay. I admit it. I love my girlfriend. I want to kiss, and cuddle with her. There's no hiding it. She said she's okay with both. But every place I go to to research kissing, it always makes it sound like my intent is to get sexual with her. I'm ready to lose my v-card whenever, but I feel that we aren't at that point yet. I want to take it slow. Does sex usually follow a kiss? What should I say to her so she can rest assured that we don't have to progress to sex after the kiss without making her uncomfortable? Thanks a bunch.

#1 MouseKeeper, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Not always. Most people kiss waaayyy before things get sexual. Just tell her you want to kiss her but don't plan on things progressing further.

3. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, of course not. I've kissed more times than I can count, including some really thorough make-outs during which clothes were lost, but never had sex. Nothing has to progress to sex until both of you are ready.

4. Lyana

Nope.
    The first guy I kissed, I never did anything else with. My first boyfriend? We kissed, but never had sex.
    My girlfriend and I had our first kiss more than 6 months before we had sex.

If she is your girlfriend, showing physical affection shouldn't scare either of you that badly. If you're worried she doesn't want it, cup her face with your hands, look her in the eyes, and say, "Can I kiss you?" or "Is it all right if I kiss you?" or "I really want to kiss you right now." If she gives you the go-ahead, well... there you have it. She's already said she'd be okay with kissing, so I think you're safe.
    She probably knows you respect her boundaries by now. If you're really concerned, just take it slow at first. Make it light kisses with your mouth closed and hands in unsexy places, then slowly bring it up a few notches when you're both more comfortable.

Anyway... enjoy yourselves.

ETA: Re: the title question, let's say that sex is usually preceded by a kiss, but not all kisses (far from it!) lead to sex.