1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I give men a try (again)?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mapleluv, Jun 28, 2015.

1. mapleluv

I know exactly how I feel about women- men, on the other hand, are still a murky gray area for me.

I've been talking to this guy lately & he's really wonderful. I don't really know how attracted to him I am in 'that way', but I don't think I'll really know unless I try it.

My relationships & relations with men before have just all felt like something was missing & I've never been able to make love to a man in the same emotionally deep & pleasurable way I have with women. But how can I be sure that it was due to their gender & not just them?

I guess I'm just looking for some support here, I'm really confused/frustrated.

2. AKTodd

I guess the thing I'm not seeing here is what you think you're going to get out of being with a man that you can't get with a woman?

Your profile says you're interested in women only and in your post you indicate you've been with at least two men (the minimum needed to refer to them in the plural) and don't find it as fun or satisfying as being with a woman. So why waste time and energy on that aspect of them? By all means, have male friends if you find yourself compatible with them. But if they don't do it for you sexually, they don't do it, and that's that.

My 2c worth,

Todd

3. yaoicore

yaoicore Guest

yep bad idea

4. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wouldn't waste time with it. If you've already dated several guys and find you prefer women, I think you probably should just stick with what you know you like. You don't want to waste his time either. If you felt really attracted to him that would be one thing, but it doesn't sound like you are.

5. wasgij

Well, for one thing, you seem to be confusing some idea of "man" sexuality with someone's internal sense of gender. The sexuality is not really theirs, it's what you see in those people, whereas you discover their gender by getting to know their unique personality. Someone once told me -- quite a few times actually -- that sex for women involved a lot more emotional 'stuff' for it to be enjoyable, which men didn't have to deal with, at least not to the same extent. I don't know how true that actually is, but it suggests that women can get a bit preoccupied with thinking about who and what their partner is during sex. Actually, I'd say that men can't afford the luxury of thinking too much during sex because it manifests as impotence, but that's a whole different discussion :icon_bigg

Ultimately, sex is just masturbation in the matrix, so it's not about the other person, it's about how comfortable you feel with them and how you see them as a person. IMHO. So I guess it's really up to you how good or bad it would be.

6. mapleluv

Thanks for the replies ya'll. (&&&)

I still have no idea what I'm going to end up doing about this guy. I just keep thinking maybe if I get to know him better I'll be more attracted to him, or maybe it'll somehow just be different this time than before. Or I should just try it this one last time so I can stop questioning myself.

Or maybe I'm just having these feelings because it's been so long since I've met a woman I actually like & I'm getting lonely/fed up? Or because I just like having people be attracted to me in general because it boosts my ego & don't want to ruin his attraction to me?

How do you know if you're attracted to someone? Sounds like a dumb question to ask, but I really don't know the answer for myself.

7. DrinkBudweiser

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you'd be wasting your time going after men. If you know you completely commit to a woman without an empty void, why bother?