1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice on breaking up with straight girlfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by girlpower, Jun 28, 2015.

1. girlpower

Hey everyone,

I am in this great dilema. So I have been involved with this girl for past 3-4 months now I share room with her. Just to mention I still haven't opened about my sexuality to her. Its just that one fine day when we were drunk we started making out and since then it going on kinda on a regular basis. Though it has reduced for past 1 month. I'm a Lil shy so most if the time I dnt initiate, it has always been her. Itall started for fun and experimentation... But now I'm kinda getting pretty serious abt this thing... I'm falling for her. I think she is with me because...1. She is not dating any guy right now. 2. She started it for fun but I think she kinda need me as an emotional support now. 3. She likes me as a person/friend a lot. So may be that's why she is still continuing with this thing despite the fact that she is straight. We kinda stay together all the time and hangout together always like a couple. Be it meeting her friends or my friends we go together.

Now the problem is that I've fallen for her head over heals. She is an amazing person.. Very very pretty... Funny... Caring ...just about everything I could have ever wished for. But she thinks we 2 are straight and she always talk about boys.. I mean most of the time. And flirts with them when we go out clubbing or to the gym. And I for obvious reasons can't handle this thing. I get jealous and possessive and overprotective about her. Though I never said anything or had shown my anger... I support her and tell her to go talk to the guy if she finds him cute or whatever. But it kills me from inside. she gives me her attention all the time and make out with me back home... Mostly when she is drunk and horny (I smtimes blv that she makes out with me coz she doesn't have an option right now). Anyway I can't handle all this and I think its high time that I tell her or at least tell her that we need to put an end to this thing going on between us.

Please advice on how to handle this situation. Its impacting my life.. My work ... Everything. She needs me as a friend ... As an emotional support.. She cares so much for me like a baby. Would it be unfair to suddenly put an end to this unsaid relationship we have or our friendship. Coz I don't think I can be just friends with her. Please suggest.

2. confusedbubble

Does she know about your sexuality? You need to speak to her about what's going on between you both.
    Sit her down tell her that you're falling for her and need to know if she wants a relationship with you. Tell her that what your doing by making out is confusing you as she says she's straight and friends but makes out with you and you need to know if there is going to be a relationship at the end of it.
    I know its harsh but I would break it off (the making out) until she gives you an answer as it's upsetting you and she's using you but not committing I hope it goes well

3. benefit25

Yeah have a serious talk with her It will sort things out:slight_smile:

4. girlpower

Hey you both. Thanks for replying. @confusedbuble i will talk to her and i deserve to know her intensions.