1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm not sure if I should just give up...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by skittletiger66, Jun 28, 2015.

1. skittletiger66

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I'm really struggling with my love life and just being gay in general. I'm turning 26 in a few months and still haven't really been in a relationship or had much experience with women. This depresses me most of the time because it's something I've always wanted but seems I can't have. I feel like I almost have no opportunity to meet or be around other lesbians in my age group or I just don't know how to find them. I've tried online dating to see if it would help and have had barely any luck with that either. I really just don't know what to do anymore and feel like maybe I should give up.

It would even be nice to make friends with some so I could build a network, but like I said it's been a struggle. It also doesn't help that I am more introverted and not a social butterfly. I also like feminine women which makes it really hard to tell if they are gay or not.

Some people have suggested to go out and join interest groups/clubs which could be helpful but I usually just end up meeting other straight people. I have no problem with straight people and love my straight friends but I feel like those are the only type of people I'm around all the time and it's frustrating. It doesn't help me with having the social life I want. I feel like I really need to be around people in the LGBT community so I could be around people who understand and hopefully meet women so I can finally have a love life. I am honestly worried I'm gonna die alone...

#1 skittletiger66, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015