1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parental Freakout

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Florestan, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just sat and listened to my parents, mostly my mom, talk about how the Supreme Court ruling was threatening Christianity. They know how I feel. Do they not realize it hurts? It doesn't do any good to say "I love you" but not show at least a little compassion. I can handle it if they think I'm wrong. I don't want any of this to tear us apart. If they decide it's what they want, though, there's no way I can stop them.

I just needed to vent. I've had to wade through a ton of fear-mongering on the internet, and I didn't want to deal with it at home.

2. Lindsey23

Are you out to them? If not they probably don't realize it hurts and only think you have different opinions. If you are though they are being very insensitive. Still, parents usually do come around. They don't want to tear the family apart either. Usually.

3. Ashleigh16

I wish I had advice. My family doesn't know but it's non stop discussion at my house. I'm sorry :frowning2:

4. Florestan

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lindsey23: It's complicated. My dad knows, and my mom might. She was mostly the one talking. I hope this was just a lack of awareness on her part. Even so, I don't think that sort of thing is okay, whether I happen to be in the room or not.

5. HarmfulLoverX

well talk it out to your dad how your mum's words hurt you
    maybe he'll try to reason something out with her without telling her bout your sexuality c: hope this helps