1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to tell my daughter

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by penta, Jun 29, 2015.

1. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so i have decided that i need to talk to my daughter about me going into the full transition.
    The only problem is, how am i going to explain it to her since she is just six years old...

She comes over every other weekend and she knows i'm feeling like a girl already (she figured it out partly by herself) but i have to tell her now that i am going to be a woman all the way and that i will still be her parent just not her "daddy" anymore..
    I already told her she can call me by my name instead of dad but she is just to much attached to saying dad...

any advise??

2. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You have mentioned that she already understands that you feel like a woman, so a little part of the job is done. I haven't experienced a situation like yours, so I'm not probably the proper person to give you advice. Anyhow, you could try to explain her in a simple and a natural way that you need to go into the transition in order to be happy and be yourself, and that a lot of people go through the same process.

She is just six, as you said. But I think maybe at an early age is easier to accept it. I mean that children (especially the little ones) tend to have less prejudices than adults. Therefore, that could be a point in your favour.

I hope everything goes well. Good luck! (*hug*)