1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mother Issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AzureDeleroix, Jun 29, 2015.

1. AzureDeleroix

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Dear Empty Closets,

My girlfriend has given me the option of telling my mother about how long we've been together. I've wanted to do this for almost two years. We had sleepovers during the time we were together, and I'm worried about how my mother will react. She herself is queer, so I think she will empathize.

But I'm super worried. Should I tell her? If so, how do I go about it?

Love, AzureDeleroix

2. Xander27

If your mom is queer, there is no way that she will not be okay with you. Maybe upset that you didn't tell her earlier, and worried about you.

I'd suggest just sitting her down and telling her that you want to tell her something, and let it all out. But however you want to do it is up to you.

3. AzureDeleroix

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Xander27, I'm most worried about her thinking I'm a pervert. You know, because me and my girlfriend had sleepovers during our dating.

4. benefit25

well you should explain that you are also like her and hopefully she will understand.