1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lonely

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LEG7930, Jun 29, 2015.

1. LEG7930

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I haven't been to this website in a while, but thought I would give it another go.

I'm bisexual, and for the past few months have had some short not so good dates/relationships with guys. What I really want is a relationship with a girl, but I don't know what to do. There isn't a large LGBTQ community where I am. Also, I am not a very social person.

In general I feel lonely and like I don't really have anyone I can talk to about this. I talk to my closest friend/co-worker, but she is significantly older than me and in a straight marriage, so while she is super supportive, she just doesn't understand completely.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Closeteer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Tucson has a fairly vibrant campus, right? Are there any LGBTQA campus groups you could look at?
    I'm grappling with the loneliness issues myself occasionally - some things which I'm thinking of trying are general interest groups like book clubs or activity clubs like theatre or hiking or something. Sometimes we may find LGBT people in those groups AND make some other friends too :slight_smile:
    Again, even if you're not a very social person, meeting up with a few people every once in a while might actually be good as it would take you out of your headspace and away from your internal worries and tensions. I'm ambivertish myself but I've discovered that I DO need to spend time with other people every once in a while or else I could go crazy bemoaning my romantic-loveless-ness :-D
    Chin up, girl :slight_smile: Smell the roses :slight_smile: