1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ashleigh16, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Ashleigh16

So I'm a pretty accepting person but last night one of my best friends came out and I totally didn't expect it and normally I know with people. But I didn't have the faintest clue. Anyway his parents say he's possessed of the devil. We are going to talk some when we get a chance. It's hard since he got his phone taken because of it. Anyway I think he's thinking the same thing I am which is to get us through our senior year by being "together" then I have a bf he has a gf parents are happy again and we can relax sort of. Any ideas? Opinions? I new help. I've never felt so confused...

2. thepandaboss

Hi, Ashleigh, I'm glad to see you care so much about your friend. I can safely say that he's lucky to have a friend like you.

Anyway, I don't know what's available in your area but if you have a GSA or a local organization, it may be worth getting in touch with them. If you can, maybe invite him over after school a few days after school. This can give him respite from his parents and a chance for him to maybe go online, use a phone, and have someone to talk to.

3. Dakeli27

That could work, but I don't think it would be worth it trying to keep up the deception for a year unless t's really bad. His parents seem really homophobic, but they'd be really suspicious if he came out not long ago, and with both of you, it'll make it much harder to deal with your parents if they find out anyways. I'd suggest finding advice for him about how to deal with parents like that and whatever you need for yourself, either from here or a GSA (both can be a huge help), or somewhere else.