1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PiercedInAustin, Jun 30, 2015.

1. PiercedInAustin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi All,

I moved to a new city back in November and I've been attending lesbian meetup group events to meet ladies in my area. One of the first events I went to was a dance and one of the women there asked me to dance a couple of times and I did. I thought nothing of it, just out meeting new people. She asked me a couple days later through a meetup message if I'd like to meet for coffee and I said yes, "as friends". I'm not attracted to this lady but she's fun to talk to. So, my first question is, 'Was it wrong to dance with someone I didn't have any romantic interest in'? She seemed taken back by my reply and didn't seem to want to meet. I was just being honest. We did end up meeting a few months ago for drinks and to chat again as friends. At least that's what I thought.

What I've been noticing at recent meetups is she seems to be looking over at me a lot as if she's watching me. She will stand not too far away from where I am sitting or standing. Yesterday, the group went bowling and she came close by but didn't say anything to me but talked to everyone around me. I'm just concerned she might try to sabotage my friendships/potential relationships with the other women. Do I quit going to these meetups? Maybe I'm being paranoid. I just feel like my boundaries are being violated to some extent. I know she wouldn't admit anything if I tried speaking to her.

I'm new to gay dating. I just came out last year and this is new territory to me so I know I'm making mistakes. Thanks

2. confusedbubble

She might be interested in you and wwanting you to get to know her better as you said only as friends, if you feel that she's over stepping your boundaries then maybe you could have a word with her tell her again you see her as a friend and not romantically. Don't stop attending the group just because of her