1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Relationship "Talk"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Skibum22, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Skibum22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I have these two friends that are roommates together. There both gay and are good friends with each other. Their both single too. I met Andy online (******). We hooked up a couple times. Then I eventually met his roommate Jake. I was instantly attracted to him. Stuff started to fizzle out between Andy and I and we just became friends. I hadn't had many gay friends in the area so was hoping they could help me meet people. Over the past couple of weeks we have all been hanging out a lot. I've found out that Jake is actually a really sweet guy. We both have a lot in common, humor/sarcasm and were the same age, 26. One night we all went out and ended up at a gay dance club. Jake and I ended up dancing together for the first time pretty "close." Haha. I ended up staying the night at his apartment. We slept in the same bed but nothing happened besides some cuddling. We had also been hanging out almost every other day for the past two weeks. I really am looking for a relationship but don't know how to bring that up to him. I want to ask him what his intentions are with me but don't want it to be awkward. I kinda want to wait it out and see where the friendship goes because I think it might be too early to break out the "talk" but don't want to wait too long in case he just moves on because I didn't pursue anything. How do I casually bring this up? Any advice anybody?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just tell him you want to be his boyfriend. If you're sleeping (actually sleeping) together and spending as much time together as you say, then it probably won't come as a surprise. After all, I'm willing to bet neither of you are investing as much time in anyone else as you are in each other, as it is. :slight_smile:

3. Skibum22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks Gravity. I'm just still new to dating and trying to figure out if the signals I'm picking up are what I really think they are. We've only really slept with each other that one time. I guess my hesitation with it all is the fact that he could say no. But then I would have my answer! Haha

4. robclem21

Ya. Seems like a very safe situation. I would say just go for it. After a few weeks and hanging out a lot and dancing and sleeping together.

I wouldn't say "what are you intentions with me" so much as a "I like hanging out with you and was wondering if you'd like to go on an official date". You may get a "lets not rush this" in which case you are no worse off than you are now, but it shouldn't make things awkward and starting with a date, rather than be my bf may help him feel a little more in control.