1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Z3R0, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Z3R0

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys,

I've been dealing with a struggle with my bisexuality ever since i came out to my family, which was around my 15th.
    And well.. I am 19 now.. I sort of accepted myself being bi and stuff but I feel like I just Can't be myself at home like I am around my friends. For example, my mother's brother is gay, and that is totally cool. But my whole family has been so awkward with me being bi, and I felt like I just had to suck it in, and never say a word about it ever again. They still don't take it seriously, and still hope it's just a phase of my life, while I know it's not.
    So.. Anyone who can give me some advice on how to deal with this?

2. McShuggles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm pretty tired right now, but I will try and help...

Have you tried actually talking to them? I mean like, sitting them down and actually conversing with them about what is going on and your feelings towards it? Being bisexual, the way you put it, is obviously a concept they find hard to grasp, so maybe if they know how you're feeling and you guys actually talk about it, it may help them come around. Sorry again, I'm kind of tired and my advice probably isn't 100%...

3. warthog

Hello.

Not wanting to contradict Mcshuggles here, but I would just ignore it. why deal with anything ? why label it ? I think your private life is just that, private. You're still young, and you have a ton of experiences and exploration and I don't think at this point you have to involve your family at all. If someday you bring home a girlfriend - or boyfriend - i'm sure your family and friends will be supportive, and since you accepted your own identity just act naturally. you don't have to overanalyse.

That is of course just my opinion :slight_smile: