1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could she be bi or is this straight girl admiration?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pops21, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Pops21

Pops21 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I always wondered if a coworker might be bi. She knows I am a lesbian. Today we were walking passed a group of women and she said "that one there is hot, I know it's ok for me to tell you that she is". It made me wonder if this was her saying she was bi/bi curious as I know straight women say women are attractive but the fact that she said it and added that she knew she could say it to me, I felt this means she liked her in a more sexual way than just admiring her looks?

2. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not really sure. It is a possibility, however, in my experience, straight girls have a tendency to point people out as 'hot' or 'cute' in an attempt to match you up. I'm not really sure in this case. Maybe it'd be easiest for you to start up a conversation about your sexuality and throw something in like 'have you ever questioned your sexuality?' or 'have you ever thought you might not be straight?'. That's probably useless information, but in this case, it's difficult to tell from the information you've given.

3. aguynamednick

ask her about it if you two are on that basis of a relashionship. its also best never to assume. when i came out to my rock climbing team, they all looked at me like seriously and only the other lgbt kid noticed we call it our gaydars and its possable your right

4. Faazi

I wonder how this turned out ???? Curious, becuase I have always fallen for straight girls and the mixed messages were only in my head ... (*hug*)

#4 Faazi, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  5. Pops21

Pops21 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm never quick enough to think 'ah I should ask her more' and try and think of a follow up question to try and get more out of her. It's because we will have a pretty normal convo and then she will say something and I'm like wait, what, does that mean...? If I have lunch with her on Monday I think that's ok to bring up what she said as it will be the first time since I saw her last

6. Pops21

Pops21 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I forgot to mention that she also said another weird thing. That she was looking at a picture of me that I just put up on Facebook and she asked her daughter if she thought I was pretty and her kid said yes, and this women then said I'm pretty and strong.

I'm probably the most oblivious person ever or she's the most complimentary straight women :grin:

7. woahthatsboring

I understand, you're in a weird situation! You think she's straight but then she's sending you weird signs. That once happened to me, I swore up and down that this girl was straight and only cared about my sexuality. She would ask repeatedly if I was gay in some form then go on to change the conversation. Later on she ended up having a girlfriend so she wasn't that straight after all! Weird signs from straight girls equals a no no in less you like her. You mentioned she had a daughter? So is she married?

Those are some weird signs she's giving you but in less you like her don't think much of it. Let it go and she'll probably stop with the weird comments but if you do like her :slight_smile: when she says something weird like that again compliment her! It'll throw her off and if she blushes or seems taken back- she's probably into you :wink: so you don't necessarily have to run after her and ask what she meant when she said "Stacy is hot" just come right back and say something like "I think you're up there too". Bam. Now you're flirting and it's easier and less pressured because she technically started it. Good luck!

8. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow that definetely is some mixed messages. Maybe she's trying to come out to you... or not it's really hard to tell.

There's this girl in my year at school and I can't fidure out why but I think she' s a lesbian and doesn't know it. It's not like she does anything that particularly says 'lesbian' but every time I see her my 'gaydar' just goes crazy.

9. europeanguy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    haha so much simpler with guys.... you can tell they are gay if they say another man is hot because its not typical behaviour to do that within the male gender society....thing. without being gay.... from what i think is its definitely confusing and i think it probably depends on how she said it rather then why she said it. for example if she said it with enthusiasm like she was into it or if she said it as a general comment. i mean since she said that she knew she could say that its okay to say it in front of you that is a key bit in reading into this because why if it was just a comment that women generally make would she single out the fact that she thinks its only okay to say it infront of you? that makes it quite....leaning to the Bi side in the way of interpretation. thats just the opinion of a guy with female friends.

10. Pops21

Pops21 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Now I'm trying to remember how she said it. I'm not sure it I'm going to make sense but she is from a religious family and I tell her family and friends, none of them are gay/bi well at least openly. I do get a vibe that she feels attracted to women but at the same time she is scared about it because of what I mention above. So when she said the girl was hot it felt like not hesitate but maybe even a little scared. I dunno it's hard to explain and that's why I found myself on here.