1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will my children think?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ZeeJay, Jul 3, 2015.

1. ZeeJay

Out Status:
    A few people
    While I'm sorting this, there is no urgent need to coddle over it. But... It will be a part of their lives to have a parent thay is trans. Yenno? I'm worried.

Over something years away.

2. Gandee

Gandee Guest

With little information, there are many ways your children will think. But regardless of what they think in the future, you give them the best chance possible. You let them know they are loved and cared for. And they will give you back their love. Ofc you can do that without me telling you.

So it depends on the environment, if your child are raised among supportive and well-informed people, there is little to worry about. If it's a hostile environment, being bullied for having a trans parent for example, your kids might react by defending you, or they might have a feeling of resentment for not having a 'normal' parent. In any case, you remain patient, listen to their troubles and explain to them. Always let them know they are loved.

Everything will be fine :slight_smile: