1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Goodnyte, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Goodnyte

My girlfriend and I are long distance. She is my little shorty, my kitten, my love, my life, my princess, my world, my everything. She and I both have mental issues. Hers are greater than mine and I am the suffer in silence type anyways. She has:
    -OCD
    -Anxiety
    -BPD
    -Depression
    -self harm
    -some type of eating disorder
    -and a ton others she still won't tell me.

I want to be as supportive of her as possible. I know not to bribe her or force food down her throat or to tell her to get over it or tell her to just stop or anything like that. But I just need advice on how to support her. She is so terrified I won't be able to handle her and live with her or marry her like I finally can (thank you 6-26!). Any advice guys?

2. QuecksilverEyes

Does she see a therapist?
    If not, you could try to gently suggest it, she clearly needs help. Other than that, I'd say, just be patient and tell her how you feel about her. Assure her you won't leave her because of her mental problems.
    I'm not a therapist, but those are my suggestions :slight_smile:
    I hope I could help.

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With all of those issues it's really essential that she seeks professional help and fully engages with the process and I think that's where you can help the most -- by persuading* her and supporting her as she goes through the process. Taking all of those complex issues on board yourself will be more detrimental to your own emotional wellbeing, so it will become a lose/lose situation for both of you.

*Persuading her doesn't mean indulging in bribery or coercion, but it does require you to be frank and honest with her. If she doesn't get help with all of those problems it's going to be a very difficult and intense relationship.