1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love or Sex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gloomyra, Jul 5, 2015.

1. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So long story short, there's a man in my life I really love and I think he's interested in having a relationship with me. But I'm still not certain whether or not I would enjoy sex with a guy because I've never had sex before, and I find myself more physically attracted to women.

I thought about experimenting, but I feel like I want to have sex with someone I love. I wouldn't feel comfortable with a stranger or a friend. I feel like sex isn't that important to me, but how will I know until I try it? I don't want to hurt anyone else in order to find my own preference. I think I'm bi but not sure. Is there a way I can figure this out on my own, before entering a relationship?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, to offer one thought at least - is anyone saying that sex has to be involved in the relationship from the beginning? If you are interested in him, but not sure about sex, maybe you could try a date or two and see how it goes. Early dates can be for just that - feeling the other person out and seeing how comfortable you are with them.

Or, if you really aren't ready to even test the waters, it's also okay to say you're not interested or not ready to go on a date with him right now. :slight_smile:

3. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the reply! My problem is that I'm not sure if I like men, specifically. And I don't feel like it's fair to date a guy if I'm not sure about my own sexuality yet, if that makes sense. That being said, I came out to him recently as liking women and he was ok with it, and he told me he thinks he likes men too, so... It's weird, but I feel closer to him now that we talked about it.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I think if he is okay with you liking women you can just go on a date with him if you want to. If things get physical after some dates, be honest with yourself whether you like it or not. If not, well, it's not going to work!

<3