1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I've been played

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by computergeek5, Jul 6, 2015.

1. computergeek5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I met a guy at a softball league and we started off on a romantic level. Started getting to know each other and things felt they were going the right way. About 2 months later he expresses that he wants to call it off. The next day he starts sending me emojis of the crying face and broken heart. The following day he sends me a picture of me and him together happy. The day after which was today, we talk in person and he says he wants to remain softball team mates and friends. I just don't get his ideas. I feel like I been played. :tears:
    I couldn't really maintain eye contact with him and he had the nerve to ask when I would drop the attitude. Right now I'm aiming in the direction to cut him out of my life. I just needed to vent. I can't sleep right now.

2. blueyoshi3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you need someone to vent to, I'm available. (I don't know if private messaging is an option on this site though)

3. warthog

I can't shake the feeling that something is very odd here... *shrugs*

Anyway, you just need to cool off for a short while then talk it out. i'm sure it'll be fine.

4. Aniot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'll have to share with you my recent story of a relationship (if we can call it that) very similar. So I met this guy 4 months ago and we got along very well, we start meeting every day or so. After a month of dating almost everyday he asked me to be his boyfriend. A month after that he was ending everything, say that he loved me very much but he can't deal with his problems and said it was affecting our relationship (didn't see why). He also wanted to be friends.

It didn't happened. For me I think is almost impossible to be friends with former boyfriends, as very often it does not end well, and one of the people involved will get hurt. I think you have to put that in your head too.

I know what you are going through. I also couldn't sleep, I had a weight on me chest, and I only could get somewhat back on track by telling him some things I didn't liked in his attitude. Sometimes people do things that we don't understand. And what hurts the most is not what they did, is not having the answers we want (why he did it, why is this happening,...). The thing you have to think is, it was not your fault, you did nothing wrong. It was not your decision, so you should not think bad of you. And also learn that what people say is less important than what people do. If someone says I love you but don't show it in any form of affection, the truth is he probably don't...

Time is your friend now. Don't get into his game of words, don't feel bad for you. You are great and who got out bad from this was him because he lost you! And always think that you don't want a person like him in your life, playing with you... That's not what you want! So keep on with your life, and move on. Of course you will think of him on and off, some days you will feel like shit because of him, but you know what? Those days will begin to appear less frequently, until you find someone who deserves you and will make you feel whole again :slight_smile:

#4 Aniot, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  5. Cider

You need to talk to him. Ask him why he's being so confusing, and tell him that the way that he's acting is bothering you. I hope everything goes well!

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, you should ask why he would first say he's calling it off then turn around and sending a happy picture of you two. It's perfectly okay to say you need some time on your own.

7. Kenzi18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You definitely need to ask him what's really going on. I hope you figure it out!

8. computergeek5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I really appreciate your post! I've read about 3 times now on different days to reassure myself that what I shouldn't have in my life has left. It's still tough but I'm doing my best to keep my head up. Thank you.