1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why try?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Chromedome, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Why should I even try anymore? My area doesn't have gay rights or at least decriminalization. Its better than Jamaica...I'm in the closet, been abused for it, told how much I would be hated by own family, I could live a fake straight life but that's the hard place on one side and living a gay life is the rock on the other.:help:

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should never give up trying Chromedome. When you feel defeated by life and circumstances, it's easy to say to yourself "why bother?" but when you do that you become complicit in your own distress and downfall. It's much harder to take the other route and to remain strong, but doing so brings greater rewards in the medium to long term.

Over the medium to long term, do you have any future plans? Right now, you are in the closet and the local situation is not good for gay people, but do you plan to remain where you are or do you hope to move on? Sometimes it's our future plans that hold the key to freedom and success and we have to dig deep and play the long game. Again, it's not easy when your emotions are feeling crushed by the weight of it all, but staying focused on a future plan leaves a little bit of light. If you don't have any future plans, what could you do to bring about change?

You say you are caught between a rock and a hard place. Well, that's not good for you, but we're all here to offer support and understanding. Keep talking and tell us more, if you can. (*hug*)