1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

checking friend out 'non intended'

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by greeneyes101, Jul 11, 2015.

1. greeneyes101

Yesterday I went to the movies with an old friend from school.
    we only had each other on facebook and talked for a long time so when I posted a status if anyone wanted to join me for the movies, she replied.
    she'd loved to see jurassic world (which was very good in my pov btw xD)
    so I agreed and so we met yesterday.

And wauw... she is so pretty! I couldn't keep my eyes of her to be honest.
    She's very outgoing, telling me "deep" events from life that happened to her and I really felt like she trusted me.
    I caught myself looking to her body when she walked in front of me, and I just wanted to tell her how beautiful she looked, of course I didn't (I wouldn't want to scare her for life since we havent seen each other in years!)

but how do u guys cope if u go out with someone who blows your mind away?
    I was very nervous cause I always caught myself checking her out and I really hope she didnt noticed (or at least she didn't say smth about it)

When the movie was over, she kissed me, just a regular kiss on the cheek. nothing intended I know that but it kinda jolted my body.

She told me she had a lovely evening and she wants to see me again very soon.

(how do I know if a girl is into girls? why is this so hard? I cant just walk up to her and ask her, hey, wanna date can I?) #faints

#1 greeneyes101, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  2. Lyana

Oh, sounds like you two had a great time and really hit it off. Even if she's not into girls, at least you got to reconnect with an old friend. Be prepared, try not to get too invested (I know it's hard) if she's straight.

As to how to proceed if you think you'd like to go on a date with her... Maybe ask her out again, as friends, more of a suggestion to "hang out" than a date. Go shopping together, go check out a restaurant you've been meaning to try, go grab a coffee or something. Talk some more, and here's the tricky bit -- I think the best way to know her sexuality is to let her know yours.
    You don't have to make a big deal out of it. If she mentions her parents or yours, you can for example say, "Oh, yeah. My relationship with my mom's been a bit weird lately, because I'm not sure how to tell her I'm gay/I like women." If that's still too direct for you, you can just bring LGBT rights up from time to time (you could start by talking about Caitlyn Jenner, or Ingrid Nelsen, or Tom Daley or Ellen Degeneres or whoever) and be pretty passionate about them, and she may eventually ask. -- This will also allow you to judge how she feels about LGBT topics, and know if she'll react well to a coming out.
    Then she'll know you're into girls, and if she is and is potentially interested in you, well, she has all the cards in her hands.

3. greeneyes101

Thanx Lyana, we sure did! (and yes i'm keeping in mind that option is a possibility (her not being interested)
    and your idea is totally awesome!! I definetely will do that! :slight_smile: last night she texted me to ask if I want to go to a convention with her so I agreed, we'll grab dinner after so maybe thats the right time to start the convorsation. this gives me another week to talk to her on facebook and through texs in general :slight_smile: I'm not sure which one I'll try I guess I'll see when i'm in front of her. thanx for the advice!!! I never thought about that :slight_smile:

#3 greeneyes101, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  4. Lyana

Oh, so you already have plans, that's great! I hope you enjoy yourselves (no worries there), and maybe you'll keep us updated?

5. greeneyes101

Yeah she texted me a few times today, continuing about her life and stuff.
    So yeah I'll keep u guys posted!! :slight_smile:

6. greeneyes101

UPDATE PEOPLE!

Ok so I've been chatting and texting with her this weekend and well I made some progress but I dont know what to do!

2 mayor points:
    One of them is she asked me to go with her to the harry potter studios in London, which means a weekend alone with her <3 so I'm so thrilled about this!! although I dont want to get my hopes up too much!

2nd things is and its kinda huge for me but I don't know what to think though.
    I outed myself to her and I kinda prepared myself for the worst, but instead of telling me she's straight, she told me she isn't sure where she stands at this subject.
    So I see this is as a "maybe" interested in girls? or should I just keep thinking for myself she's straight to protect myself from rejectement?

Tomorrow she'll let me know wether she's going to the convention with me and my best friend... I know itll be great, and so I can get to know her better that day :3

its the first time she'll see me again since I outed myself to her so I hope it doesnt bring awkward situations though..

ill keep u guys posted!