1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another straight crush, ha!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lameria, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Lameria

Lameria Guest

When flow of problems with our straight friends will end, yes? I saw how many people had crushes on their not gay friends and I was always thinking that it's not about me. Better, I'm not very emotional person (more like everyone is saing that I'm probably a sociopath) so I was positive that even crushes are not my thing. But if it was true I would be there writing another annoying topic, yes?
    I have a female friend for two years now. We are studying together since then and see each other sometimes everyday, sometimes once in a week. It depends. But our relations are pretty good. I was positive that will not last, I'm thinking about myself as boring, but she never told me that. We have frequent sleepovers at her place, sometimes in my dorm and stuff like that. She call herself straight but told me once that there was this one girl, so pretty that she would "switch sides" for her and now call herself "80% hetero" as a joke.
    She is pretty, she is totally my type and we understand each other well. I knew she is straight so I haven't problems with any feelings towards her... until now.
    We always joked saying things like "oh, you know I love you" or "yep, this is love" but lately it's more frequent. But this is a small thing. Big thing is that we had night out, had some drinks and she was kinda drunk. When we got out to a bus stop she keep clinging to my arm and asked me question which sadly I don't remember but my answer was "it would be terribly sad if I fell in love with you, you're straight" she answered that yes, that would be sad but for me she would make a exception. I told her she is drunk and if she will repeat that sober i will consider. But i don't think she ever remember that tho.
    Yeah, i know, that's stupid, she was drunk, probably didn't meant anything but it moved a string or two in my cold heart and that was sensation so unfamiliar I don't know what to do with that.
    I want t hear opinion of someone better in al that social contacts stuff cause I'm terrible in that.
    and sorry for bothering you with my petty problems I think

2. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there,

I've been in your situation before. It seems to me that when we have a crush on someone we look for signs that they like us back that aren't actually there. We tried to read between the lines when there's nothing to read.

But, it seems that she is not really interested in you romantically. It's not any fault of you, it's just that she cannot feel the same way. Don't let it get you down.

Straight crushes are hard, and it sucks. But, the best way to get over it is to start considering dating other people. If you want to find more gay people in your area use an online dating app/site or if your school has an LGBTQ organization, join that and make new friends there.