1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old straight love back in life

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mochii, Jul 11, 2015.

1. mochii

I started having feelings for my best friend of a billion years in high school. We spent every waking moment together for years and did a lot of intimate things. I never realized my feelings (I thought all best friends were that close) or that I was gay until the end of college, but I pushed this friend away at the end of high school. I was always subconsciously jealous of her boyfriends and I couldn't handle feeling like she was cheating on me or that I was unworthy when she'd start dating a new guy.

I've always felt guilty for pushing her way and she never understood why I did, and I didn't either. So fast forward to now. I'm 22 and I fully acknowledge I had feelings for her. I saw her recently at a bridal shower (our families are still close) and we both said that we miss each other a lot. We talk more often and she is still dating our friend from high school. I want her in my life as my best friend again because we really were the best of friends, but I don't even know how to have a normal friendship with her, or that it's even worth it, and I'm scared my feelings will pick up where the ended. I still feel jealous of her boyfriend, as much as I don't want to be. Any advice?

ALSO I am not out, and I can not even imagine her knowing I'm gay without being totally freaked out. We slept together and showered together and spent a lot of time naked together since forever and I was always super physically attracted to her. So any advice on that would be humongously appreciated because it's causing me a lot of anxiety.:slight_smile:

2. sheenak

I had a friend like that in High School and to this day regret not taking a chance by telling her how I felt about her.What do you really have to lose by telling her? Good Luck whatever you decide

3. mochii

Besides just not feeling ready to tell anyone yet, I guess I'm scared of her realizing that I had feelings for her all those years without her knowing, like maybe I was deceiving her. I don't want her to feel uncomfortable around me or think I was creepy. I don't want all of our other friends and her family to think the same. It's basically just super scary to feel vulnerable to all these opinions without much control over them, I think I would be a mess mentally for a while. Thank you:slight_smile: