1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He wants to sleep over

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gentlady, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's this guy. He's a rather good friend of mine and I find him attractive in many ways, some would say I have a crush on him but that's not the case. Anyway. We have now been friends since like January or February. We have only seen each other at school, never during our free time. Neither ever initiated it to happen. We have texted a lot, though, and trust each other very much. We've told each other stuff no one else knows. Well, now we kinda agreed that he'd borrow me one of his movies. This happening during our summer holidays, he is coming over to my place. Now he suddenly asks if he could stay the night, and I don't really know what to think. I mean, he has a lot of female friends and spends nights at their places, but these are the girls he actually HANGS OUT WITH. I'm not one of them. The problem is that my mom is the kind of mom that once said to me "Remember that I'm only letting you stay over at your friend's house because he's gay". But this guy who wants to stay over is not gay so my mom will probably disapprove. I don't know how to convince her that there is absolutely no risk of.... to put it the way she did "having unwanted family additions". I really want her to let him stay because during the summer I've really started to miss him because we talk so much less and don't see each other at school. Plus he's real fun to be around. I just don't know what to do or what to say to both of them!

2. proud2bme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hi would be honest with him blame mom if you need to

3. GreenMan

GreenMan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Have you and your mom talked about protection? I know it's not the least awkward subject to bring up, but then you'd have all the bases covered if it ever did come to that. The best of both worlds.

4. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could try telling her that you don't like him that way and you just want him to stay over like any other friend. Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's anything you can really say.

5. BiKate

Just ask her. Say you only see him as a friend and you wouldn't want to do anything like that with him. And say he has heaps of friends that are girls and that have sleep overs with him. She's not going to judge you for it. She might say yes, or she might say no, just ask and see :slight_smile: Unless you don't want him to stay. Then just say she said no.