1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't get her off my mind

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by shelovesfoxes, Jul 12, 2015.

1. I met this girl online 2 months ago and met her in person about a month and a half ago, she's incredible. We have so much in common (we talked for 4 hours on our first date and didn't even realize how much time had passed). She is so smart and beautiful.
    We had only gone out a couple of times when she invited me to go to a campfire with her friends. When I met up with her I quickly realized that this hangout was actually a double date. I became nervous because I wasn't completely sure how I felt about her. I knew I liked her, but wasn't sure if I wanted to go steady with her yet. She is the first and only girl I've dated. (I only recently came out to my family.) Through out the night I kept getting feeling so much pressure from her friends to act a certain way with her. I've always been a person who needed to have a friendship with a person before developing intimate feelings for them. I began to feel nervous that if we continued going out and I didn't develop these feelings that I would have led her on and wasted her time. After the date I told her that for now we should just be friends. She said that was okay, but I could tell that I had hurt her feelings. At that point we had planned to meet later that week and decided to keep those plans. A couple of days later I realized that the plans we had made were on my parents' anniversary so I had to cancel, then we both went out of town for a couple of weeks and we haven't texted each other since (we didn't text too often before this - she is a self proclaimed cell phone hater:slight_smile: ). I thought I would just leave it alone and see if I could forget about her so we both could move on. The issue is I cannot get her out of my head and now I feel like I've screwed up my chances with her especially because a few weeks have gone by since I talked to her. Should I reach out to her or should I leave it alone? Also if we do get together should I tell her that I only told her we should be friends because I was worried I would only lead her on if not? It's also worth noting that we will have a class together this fall so we will run into each other on a regular basis.

Thank you to anyone who reads all of this. I can't really ask anyone right now since my family is still uncomfortable with my sexuality and I am not out to any friends.

2. confusedbubble

Drop her a text or a phone call tell her you've been thinking about her and that you said you should be friends but you only mean friends first before possible dating. Ask her if she wants to meet up some time tell her that you was a bit shocked by the double date as you just wanted to get to know her.
    Keep us updated I hope this helps

3. BiKate

What the above said. It may be too late, but you should at least try, you'll regret it otherwise :slight_smile: Nothing wrong with a quick text!

4. Thanks for the advice:slight_smile:
    I sent her a text so we'll see what happens!