1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not her forte

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ank11451, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Ank11451

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I need some outside perspective folks!

I am a lesbian but I dont really meet that many lesbians or go on dates because I barely know any lesbian or bi girls :frowning2:... but anyway, a few months ago I met a girl who I thought was super attractive and amazing. She was exploring her sexuality and I was the first girl she had sex with. Buuut things didn't work out, we had sex twice and then didnt speak again. I walked out in the morning both times because I wasn't ready to date someone.( this was not fair of me) so basically I moved on but found myself pondering "what if i ACTED DIFFERENTLY" "what if I stuck around and wasn't such an ass.."

That leads me to this thread. I recently contacted her and asked her to give me another chance with things. She told me I was one of the coolest people she'd ever met and that we could "just chill" and that " it wasn't her forte". I find that really hard to believe because she was REALLY INTO the sex, when we were drunk and in the morning when were sober. Like she seemed to enjoy it more than I did! I was shocked when she said it wasn't her forte and told her not to rule girls out then she said she wasn't and would still give them a shot but that shes getting over a guy that's not good for her.

I dont understand how someone can be soooo into having sex with someone of the same sex but it's not their "forte" UGHH I am confused, any thoughts from bisexuals? Could she be confused. I know I need to move on, but her comment was like a SLAP in the face!

2. proud2bme

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i am a lesbian myself so heres my two cents for what its worth i am thinking she was into you but was hurt by you not committing one way or the other and just walking out if you will sure its a slap in the face but in the end you want someone you are comfortable committing too

3. Hachi

You really don't know what she is thinking, so you'll have to take her word for it (for the time being, at least).

Take her up on her offer and "just chill". Maybe she'll be a great friend for you, maybe you two will rekindle something. "Not her forte" might not necessarily mean she is entirely not into girls, etc.

Just give it a chance and have fun, whether that be hanging out with her or more. You never know what will happen until you give it a chance. Don't throw away a potentially great friendship just because you might not end up with her!