1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with a guy I like

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Solitaire, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Solitaire

okay so a while back I meet this guy online we started talking and I found out he is really alike me (like really alike me its creepy :lol: ) and that he lives really close...lets call him Adam (dont want to use his real name :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

we started talking about meeting eacthother and we did we both said we had a great time and that we should meet again
    now there is this online friend we both have ...lets call him Bob because why not?
    anyway Adam had been talking with Bob and said he didnt like me Bob told me this because he feelt I should know

I got really upset and asked Adam about and I found out that he only told Bob that because he didnt like him and didnt want him to ask him about us all the time
    I told this to Bob because I feelt he had the right to know and he confronted Adam about it so then Adam got pissed at me and like we settled it and he said he is cool about it

but like Adam he never messeges me first anymore I always do and like he replies and stuff and agress we should meet again but he still doesnt message me first and I dont know why :confused:

I often ask him if he likes me because its hard to tell sometimes and he gets angry with me when I do that

and our conversations when we text are like me saying hi and asking how he is and he says good and he asks me and I say good but he never says anything more after that unless I ask him something :icon_sad:

I really like him and I dont have any other friends that I actually have meet irl so I want to know if you guys have any advice?

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's a little strange that he told Bob that he doesn't like you so that he wouldn't ask him about it. I don't know what kind of friendship Adam and Bob have but it doesn't sound like a very good one. It's possible that Adam felt he was admitting his lie to Bob to you in confidence and that you telling Bob was a betrayal of that trust. He might not feel like he can trust you in the future.

I'd stop asking if he likes you. Ask instead of there's anything wrong. Apologize again for talking about Bob and explain why you did if you think that'll help. Maybe tell him that you miss talking to him like you used to.

3. Solitaire

well they arent friends anymore and the reason why s because Adam felt like bob was asking to many personal question and was scared he wanted to find out where he lives (Adam is extremely paranoid and wont even give out his birthday .__.)
    altough Bob is defiently not a creep and it's just because adam that has trust issues
    I have apolagized and explained and he said its okay but he still doesnt talk to me in the same way like he used to :frowning2:

4. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK I'll weight in - American slang for heres my opinion.

Kind of read the material but not 100% comprehension.
    a) I sometime do not give out my birthday mainly because of ID theft. It's one piece of the puzzle.
    b) I recommend you find a copy of the book, The Velvet Rage. It the book it many explanation as to why people behave the way they do.
    c) You can check out www.psychologytoday.com for online understanding.

Good luck

5. Solitaire

yeah I understand why but Adam have known Bob for like 6 months and they have even skyped so he knows he isnt catfish and he still dont want to give it out
    and he even meet me but still doesnt want to tell me his birthday or even his full name :confused:

6. Solitaire

well I just talked with him apperantly its because he has a boyfriend and it just got official and he didnt wasnt to lead me on
    I really really like him and I had no idea :frowning2:
    I actually thought that we could be a couple and thought he wanted to one day :frowning2: