1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for Bisexuals/Pansexuals

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BiKate, Jul 15, 2015.

1. BiKate

Ok so recently I came to terms with being bisexual. I thought I was straight but I never really was. I've been with one guy, not with a woman though I am curious how a relationship with a woman would feel. The idea kind of scares me, I feel a bit intimidated by other women.

When I was just starting to question my sexuality I felt like I just HAD to find myself a girl to date and be with. But now I don't feel like I need that so much. Now that I've acknowledged I'm into girls, it's not something I feel like I desperately need.

My question is, since I can swing both ways, if I happen to meet a nice guy who I could see myself dating, should I pass that up so that I could see what it's like to date girls?
    If I spend my whole life with a guy, would I regret not seeing what it was like to date a girl?
    I kind of worry about regretting not being with a girl later in life, and at the same time I kind of worry about passing up a guy one day that could be perfect for me. Maybe I'm just over thinking here

#1 BiKate, Jul 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you have feelings for someone and they feel the same way, I don't think you should pass up dating them just for something that might happen, regardless of their gender. You might regret never dating a girl but if you're really in love with the guy then it won't truly matter.

You're young, you still have plenty of time to meet people and date both.

3. Aloki

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally believe that dating a girl isn't really different from dating a guy, after all, they are both humans.
    But there are days where I'm more into girls, and other days more into guys, for sure.

If you find a guy that you wanna date, then you should go for it. The only thing is, you shouldn't date him if you have regrets, because I don't think that this will be a viable relationship, it's gonna broke one day.
    I can't tell you if you're gonna regret not dating a girl or not one day, because that's your feelings, not mine.
    But if someday you come to regret it, and you're in a relationship, I think that you should be honest with your partner.

But in the end, it's up to you ^^
    Just don't stress out too much :wink:

( Why do I always have the feeling that my sentences are weird everytime I write in English lol ? )

4. BiKate

Thank you both for your advice! :slight_smile:

Don't worry, you're sentences are fine. I couldn't tell that English wasn't your first language! :slight_smile:

5. Cider

I think that you should explore dating both genders before you stick with one in a committed relationship, dating girls a guys isn't much different! It's one of the beauties of being bisexual, even if a lot of people don't understand or accept us.

6. lovehurts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I recently came out as bisexual to my family and to myself within the last year. I have dated two guys and neither were very serious. For as long as I can remember I've always found girls attractive, but always thought it was just a phase I would grow out of once I got older. I now know this isn't a phase and the reason I know this is because I'm in a relationship with a girl. Not just a girl but someone who I truly love and she's the first serious relationship I've had and the only reason I found her was exploring and finding out who I am. My advice is that if you find someone who makes you happy and makes you forget about questioning, go with it! And if you don't find that person, don't be afraid to explore your boundaries until you do because you never know where you'll find love or who you'll find love in. Dating a girl is different than dating a guy, but I honestly prefer it because I find girls to be more mature and serious at my age than guys, but that's just my opinion based off of my experience. I wish you the best, if you need someone to talk to I've been exactly where you are before so don't be afraid to drop me a message :slight_smile:

7. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

You should date whoever you're in love with at the moment. Girl or guy.

8. BiKate

Thanks for your answers guys :slight_smile: