1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal to feel odd before a first date?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Yourlocaltaco, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Yourlocaltaco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have been talking to this really awesome guy I met off ***** for about 2-3 weeks or so, we've face2face Skype'd and texted each other constantly in these weeks. He's seen me, I've also given him a couple pictures and he says I am pretty handsome/sexy. I've felt very confident about meeting him because we both laugh and giggle a lot in our f2f calls.

Though for some odd reason I've been picking at all my flaws and have been feeling insecure. I know he says he's into me and though we've kept it strictly platonic for these weeks he very much is into the idea of sex with me. We have a date this Saturday - I am nervous he's going to see all my flaws and not like me, it's been about 3 years since my last boyfriend that I have wanted to take anything like this serious. It's not even about the sex - we've both agreed to give it time.

What do I do so I stop worrying so much these next few days? (I'm the brunette and he's the blonde)

#1 Yourlocaltaco, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  2. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone, somewhere will love your flaws. Nope. I didn't get that from **********. Dammit. I did get it from there.

3. StanOWar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not sure about normal, but I wouldn't say abnormal either.

Nerves can do weird things to you, make you feel all jittery, and make you question things. Thing is no one can make you feel gorgeous. You have to see it in yourself, as BSy as that sounds.

Best thing you can do is just try and trust that if he says he's into you that he is in fact into you. I know that can be hard sometimes, but just breathe and remember this person wants to meet you and wants to see you and be around you so right now there is no reason to doubt that.

If that changes then well forget 'em. It's like HikaruStop said, someone will love your flaws so just try to relax and have fun. (*hug*)

4. Silver Sparrow

It's completely normal to be jittery before a first date. You're trying to make a good impression on someone who could become a big part of your life. Try to take some deep breaths and do other soothing techniques before the date.

5. Yourlocaltaco

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I suppose I am just overthinking it.

I just really like him and it's been about three years since I've had this giddy feeling upon meeting someone. I've had sexual relationships - it's been mutual nsa - but this is so much more to me, sigh!