1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on best friend... Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by YinYang, Jul 16, 2015.

1. YinYang

I have a major crush on my female best friend. I told her a while ago and she turned me down, saying she "only sees me as a friend" :icon_sad:. So I told her I would get over it and that I needed some time. About a month later, our summer camp started so we started hanging out again. One day, i slept over at her house and we started talking about sexuality (we are extremely close and can talk about things like that). She said she's probably bicurious and "wouldn't mind dating a girl". I thought I had stopped crushing on her, but that comment really stung because she turned me down :bang:. Also, for the past couple days, this guy has been crushing on her and she kind of likes him back. I feel so insanely jealous and I can't control it! What should I do!!??

2. Spen

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The best thing to do is be honest with her and be her friend. About a year ago I told my best friend I liked her and she said "she didn't feel the same but maybe later."
    She is bisexual so she does like girls but even so the feelings just aren't there for her.
    I think it's better that your friend straight up told you she doesn't feel the same. Even though it really hurts and stings, it's better than getting false hope like I did.
    It's only this past month that my friend and I talked and established that there is no maybe and that she is starting a relationship with a guy. It hurts but now I have the opportunity to move on, even if I'll feel jealous for a while.
    I would just be honest about how you are feeling with her. Sometimes the best thing may even be to distance yourself for even longer, it sucks but if you are hurting you need time to heal.