1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Convince me that I'm wrong. Please

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dopplershift94, Jul 16, 2015.

1. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So a few weeks ago, I posted a thread on here about a attractive guy in one of my classes.

Well, here's a quick update on that.

So, we started talking to each other more, and we have a lot in common and have similar interests and hobbies.

I look at him a lot, and I catch him looking at me. Like I said in my first thread, I'm assuming that he looks at me because he senses that I'm looking at him. But now when we catch each other looking at each other, he'll smile at me and I'll smile back.

So today, he came up to me and said that since we both like to run, he was wondering if I was interested in running with him sometime. (He was a little nervous about asking me it seemed like) I said yes, and so we exchanged numbers.

Please convince me that I'm overthinking this and that he is probably straight, and that I'm wasting my time. Do you think I have a serious shot with him or no?

2. PurpleDude

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't tell you what's on his mind. I will say though that I believe the exchange of numbers is a positive step though. I say just go with the running for now and the more comfortable he gets with you, his confidence will build and he may do something more obvious to let you know he's interested in more.

good luck. :icon_wink

3. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

It sounds like a positive sign for me. But then he might be straight and a socially awkward person trying to make friends. Well it definitely isn't a negative sign.
    Give it a go, get to know him well!

4. warthog

He's probably fantasising about the post jog/ run shower... " hey since we both ran together, wanna shower together ? " You : " hell yes ! "

*funky music *

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly... most of the time, things are what they seem. Most of my running friends seem perennially on the lookout for other people to run with, without any hidden agenda.

So: for now, it's probably best to just give being friends a shot.

And, the best advice to give in cases like this is: you can't force other people to be open. But you can be open yourself. If he does become a good friend, it might not hurt to come out to him and see if he could be an even better ally!

6. the rule is when dealing with guys that are obviously homosexual, assume they are all straight. build a friendship and trust with them. come out to them if you want. see how they respond. Do NOT ask if the person is gay. if they want to tell you, they will. you can't make someone like you and you can't do the...."im gay, are you gay?" thing. even if the guy is gay, it may be too mcuh of a shock and he could deny and lie.

#6 timeforchange, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  7. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I really do appreciate it. :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 19th Jul 2015 at 02:47 AM ----------

Haha! I wish! :wink: