1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raincheck??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 2Scoopzz, Jul 17, 2015.

1. 2Scoopzz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay so who asks who out after a raincheck? This chick and I were suppose to hang out last sat. but she asked for a raincheck on the day of due to specified reasons but never set a date? It's almost sat. and we talk almost everyday but she hasn't mentioned anything about wanting to hang out again. I even hinted at it but didn't get much in return?

2. Cryolite

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Perhaps you should just ask her, so that she decides whether she wants to go out with you or not.

3. whenever i have cancelled on someone i have ALWAYS offered an alternate specific date to see if they are free on those days. Sorry, i can't do sat, but are you free on tues or thurs at 7PM? When people say, I need a raincheck. that is not specific. they are saying. I will play you by ear until im bored an there's nothing else going on or it's not really a big deal if i see you or not.

i gauge things by this.... Name your favorite movie star crush. Imagine you had a chance to go out with her. Let's say something came up and you coudn't keep your date. Would you tell Angelina Jolie, "oh, i need a raincheck". NOOOO!!! You would 1st of all break your neck trying to make the date and cancel everything else on your calendar and if you couldn't, you would see if she is busy within the next 48 hours. you would not let a week go by before you asked her to hang out. my point is, this chick is not that into you or she is playing games or weighing her options and you're not a #1 in her book.

i think back to a guy i had a major crush on. and if he ever said yes to hanging out with me, there would be nothing that would have kept me from keeping that date and if so, i would have been like, "so sorry but are you free tomorrow or the next day because this crazy thing came up and i can't get out of it."

dont be someone's footstool or 2nd best option.

---------- Post added 17th Jul 2015 at 04:54 PM ----------

i disagree. the girl cancelled on you, you did not cancel on her. if she wanted to hang with you and it was a big deal for her, she would have told you.

you could ask again, and she may very well say yes. but you are setting yourself up for being the person chasing her. which puts her in the power seat. and she can decide if she wants you or not. i have done this with guys before and let me tell you, when you're the one that is asking the person out more than they are asking you out, you never really are going to win them and they immediately know you like them more than they like you.