1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relocating

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dano218, Jul 17, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have am thinking of options of how to relocate to a bigger city and needed some opinions. I have to move back to my small hometown for personal reasons and living with my parents. I see a judge for disability in early September and looking at my options for what I could do id that does not work out. I have the city in mind and it is my best option for now. I hope to be approved for disability but definitely have to look at every option out there

I have talked to job services for the disabled and they said they cannot help me relocated to a big city unless I get a apartment there first. They don't want their company to look bad if i cannot find a apartment while starting a job. While i understand their reasons I am keeping strict with my goal and sticking to it no matter what. I don't want to have the depression or anxiety i had before and this small town gave a lot of that. I revealed to her i was a gay disabled male to help the job counselor understand my personal situation and she just affirmed the policies of the company without much help but like saying i could get a job at Walmart and transfer later. The company protects those who are lgbt so I would hope she would still respond well to my needs.

I could get a job without disability services but it is very hard but not impossible. I will probably try that thought if necessary. I was also thinking of creating a gofundme account or even posting a message on Facebook explaining the situation I am in and asking for room and board in exchange for helping them keeping the home together or depending on their situation a apartment or condo where someone lives. I would even pay them back once I developed some income and have a deadline set for moving out of their place no matter if getting a income does not work out. It is kind of a desperate move and I want to wait till August to seriously think of doing that but I think it might be reasonable to some people. I am a trustworthy person with no criminal background and this time around I want to reach my actual goal. That way I can work with job services or find a roommate with my disability check or looking for jobs in the area and they would be more comfortable that I actually living there. I would think a disability organization would be more sympathetic to minorities but I guess policies have to be in place.

I posted this question a few days ago and did not get many responses. I don't want to remain in the my hometown period and with no means to sound harsh but I want to seriously make this move and not make the mistakes I made last time by remaining in a very isolated environment which caused depression and anxiety and even suicidal thoughts. This is do or die and I am not gonna accept the advice of sticking around and letting things work out in my hometown first.

2. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone