1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Brendi0919, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Brendi0919

Brendi0919 Guest

I'm Brenda, a 15 year old lesbian going into grade 11. My school isn't very tolerant of LGBTQ+ people and it is terrible!

I have a tendency to have crushes on my friends a lot (female friends) and when they know I do (I really have no clue how they find out), they abandon me and don't speak to me again. It is becoming a real problem!

Is there a way for me to "stop" this?

Also, my "friends" start to bully me when they know.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you! <3

2. RelaxedDude97

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If they really bully you or abandon just because you have a crush on them, they're not people you want to have as your friends tbh..

I don't think there's a way to stop yourself from liking someone. In my opinion you just need to find new friends who'll accept you the way you are. Maybe there's a LGBTQ group in your area where you can make new friends ? Or perhaps you could try a sport, in my experience it's a great way to meet new people and make good friends!

Goodluck, you can do it, it'll all be fine in the end :slight_smile:!

3. Brendi0919

Brendi0919 Guest

Thank you so much! If only life were easy right?