1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she acting like an affectionate friend?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Pops21, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Pops21

Pops21 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is this more than touchy-feely? I was stood with a coworker looking at the sandwich counter. She was stood with her body on mine- her boobs were pressed against me. So was so against me she had to know how close she was basically. Her face was so close to mine while she asked what I was having and we were stood like that for a while. If I turned my head I could have kissed her- that's how close she was. She does this every time we queue or look at something. However this time when we looked for somewhere to sit she says 'where can we sit to look at fit guys' (she's knows I'm a lesbian). We sit but she never mentions guys or breaks her attention from me. Just want to add she never looks for male attention when she is pressed up against me (you know the flirting for the guys thing).

As we walk back, she says that if she sees a fit guy she can't give eye contact as she is scared to give something away.

So I get confused as she gets super touchy with me, like I mention above, also she will touch my hand or grab my arm with both hands when she talks to me. She also gives me so much eye contact. She has started asking me to lunch more often recently too- this is usually just the 2 of us. We do have a really big age gap which she brings up so often and says stuff like "I'm old enough to be your mum" or "I can't believe there are this many years between us" which i find odd that she would keep saying this.

I liked her as a friend for sometime- it was when she told me one time that she didn't know if she liked men or women. She only ever said this once to me and it wasn't brought up again. Although a couple of weeks ago she pointed out a women to me and said that she was hot and she Said she knew that was ok to say to me (im guessing she meant hot in a sexually attractive way as she added the bit about it being ok to say to me). I don't know why but thinking she was straight put me off liking her and since then (months ago) I've built up feelings for her to the point I don't know if she flirts or if I'm hoping she is.

I don't see this behaviour with other people.

So I'm wondering if this is what is meant by a touchy feely person or is there more to it?? I can't decide if she is just affectionate with me or if it's more. Sometimes I wonder if she is horrified about liking another woman and says the guy stuff to play it cool or if she is just straight and she likes me as a friend and I have been misinterpreting.

2. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know what she's doing but I'd say she knows perfectly well what she's doing. :lol:

3. FoxSong

Honestly, I get the feeling there are some straight women who really like the idea of being attractive to a lesbian. I've met a couple. I also figured out very quickly that they weren't serious, just flirty. I know it's hard when you're developing feelings for her, but I'd say don't read too much into it. She knows you're a lesbian, so if she's interested, the ball is in her court really...

4. Phoenix87

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If it were me I wouldn't read too much into it. A lot of straight girls do this kind of thing and it's quite annoying because we lesbians feel lead on a stupid when we try to make a move and feel stupid when they tell us "they're not like that." If it's just bugging the crap out of you, I'd ask her about it. By what I've read I think she knows what she's doing, but whether or not she's actually interested, curious or just playing I have no idea.