1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling alone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DreamingLove, Jul 18, 2015.

1. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Recently everyone around me has been getting in relationships and I feel more alone than ever.I will be turning 17 this year and I havent had any experiences with someone,I just feel like I'm missing out.I started to stress over my body my clothes etc. Should I try going out with girls just for the sake of not being alone?I feel like im doing something wrong

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. don't do something that you're not comfortable doing. you might end up doing a greater mistake then you can expect. the last thing you would want is for someone getting the wrong idea of being with you and get a different outcome then what it is.

it's normal for guys around your age to not be in a relationship and it's fine. not a lot of us started out that way, not even me. it gets better as you progress on with life and I say that with experience, and not some bullshit advertisement. just know that you're not ever alone, even in this situation that you're in. there's nothing wrong about it :slight_smile:

3. DreamingLove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks,that made me feel better :slight_smile:

4. warthog

Hi,

Being a person who went through - and still going through - a lot of stuff, and feeling age creep up at me at 32, I can offer you this one piece of advice : no matter how long it takes, only get into a relationship that counts. never get into a relationship for the sake of not being alone. unfortunately I also learned that relationships need a lot of calculations, and thinking to make them lost. do not assume that love is enough and things will just continue being rosy. sorry if it seems a bit ominous, but I want you to learn from mistakes, so you'll be happy soon and for a long time. We all get lonely, it'll pass soon I promise.

Good luck !

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't worry, there are plenty of people who haven't been relationships who are much older than you. I'm 26 and still haven't had a relationship, largely because of being in the closet.

Dating girls just to fit in is a really bad idea because you're playing with those girls' feelings. Also, you might be going to college soon, which will allow you to reset your life in terms of both friends and even finding relationships (with guys).

6. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

Hi :slight_smile: I'm turning 19 this October and haven't been in a relationship with anyone yet. During high school, whenever my friends asked me why I don't have a girlfriend I would always day that I'm just concentrating on school. On the inside I was a little jealouse of their relationships though but now I'm glad I didn't get into anything. Most relationships I've witnessed between my friends were pointless and resulted in a lot of drama and bad grades. So if you're still in school just focus on your work. I think once I come out things will change pretty fast. I can't wait for my first boyfriend :slight_smile:
    Don't let peer pressure get to you.:thumbsup: