1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Relationship problems

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheJackC, Jul 19, 2015.

1. TheJackC

So, I'm kinda sad right now. So I'm going out with this guy. He is really nice, he is cute, and I like him a lot. But we kind of had an argument and we argued for a while. After a bit, we stopped and I said are you still annoyed at me. He said a little bit but it is fine. He sent me one last message saying I will talk to you tomorrow. He went on Holliday for a month yesterday, and he said he won't be able to talk much. The last message he sent was on Wednesday, and I replied 4 times over the past 5-6 days. He still hasn't replied, and I'm worried by the time he gets back, he won't like me anymore. And I live in England and he lives in Sweden, so we have never met. I'm worried we will never talk again. The past few days, I have been sad, and my mum thinks I'm annoyed at her. I'm not, but she is all upset about it. The whole thing is making me upset, and I only have one friend who knows about the relationship, and he doesn't feel comfortable talking about this stuff. Sorry you (if you decide to reply) had to read this, but I really needed to vent. Thanks. Xxx

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How old is he? If he went on holiday, just try to focus on your friends and doing things on your own. You can't do much more, and sending more messages will only make you more frustrated if there is no reply. If he likes you, he will either message back after the holiday or you should send one message after that time. But, remember it's always hard to maintain long-distance relationships because our minds are used to in-person connections.

---------- Post added 19th Jul 2015 at 02:57 PM ----------

Also, tell your mom about this so she at least has an idea why you're upset.

3. TheJackC

I would tell my mum, but she would get annoyed at how i met him. We started talking on ******, and started talking on another app. My mum wouldn't like this and probably wouldn't let me date him... :frowning2:

4. Creator

I'm sorry to hear that your sad but congradulations on going out with someone! I'm sure that the holiday will help him relax and calm him down and hopefully defuce the tension from your argument. Hopefully the same will happen to you over time as you both now have an entire month to relax and think. If he really likes you he'll want to talk and for all you know there may be lots of reasons why he hasn't replied that are perfectly explainable. When he gets back, I'd recomend trying to be nice and kind and asking him how his holiday was. In the mean time whilst hes away try playing video games, watching television and relaxing getting your mind off things. It certainly helps me, for example I've been watching a lot of television recently due to certain matters regarding my love life as well. If you want to talk about it some more I'm here and I'd be happy to chat about it with you.

I hope this helped you, and I'd be happy to help further in any way I can!

Kind regards,
    Creator.

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I'd suggest leaving him alone for now and waiting for him to contact you. He's on holiday so he needs a break.