1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Platonic or not?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thatweirdgirl, Jul 20, 2015.

1. thatweirdgirl

Okay, so lately things have gotten kind of confusing with one of my friends. I've known her for a few years now, and I can't tell if she likes me or not. We're both bisexual, and a few years ago she told me she liked me, but she tried to play it off as a joke. Recently we started being flirty with each other, and she has a flirty personality in general, but she was never like that with me. We've also started to hold hands and cuddle and stuff (when I say cuddle I don't mean like resting your head on them type of cuddle, although we do that a lot. I mean the kind of cuddling at night before sleep when you're really close, arms around each other, that kind of thing. Once we were so close that our noses were touching.) Does this seem platonic, or does it seem like she has feelings for me?

2. i do not cuddle with friends. it is not platonic for me but only she can say what is for her. ask her.

3. fern96

Out Status:
    A few people
    I definitely don't do that with my friends. I am reluctant to rest my head on someone's shoulder or vice versa, and do not snuggle up with people. That said, I know maybe three people in my friendship group of twelve that do this.

It could just be how you're phrasing it, but your friend is acting very flirtatiously IMO. I can't say that she Loves you, but she may very well be attracted to you

4. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

Imo what it comes down to is whether she's willing to kiss you or not. Platonic attraction doesnt involve kissing.

It looks like for sure she has feelings for you. Do people hold hands and rest their heads against each other *often* when they're "just friends"? I dont think so.

5. Nekobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Aww you two sound really close either way.
    Really though it sounds like she may have feelings for you but then again I do know a few of my friends that hug a little like that and I think even spoon so I'm not entirely sure. Everyone has different levels they'll go for a platonic friend.