1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good First Date, No Second

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Runner5, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What do you guys do after the disappointment of not getting a second date, even when both parties (at least you think), had a good time.

In this case nothing regrettable happened, but it's still a bummer.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Always a bummer when that happens. But, it does happen, and it doesn't mean that anybody did anything wrong.

Try not to beat yourself up about it. :slight_smile: If it hasn't been long, there's still a possibility you might hear from them. And, if you don't, then chances are there's not much you could have done to make things turn out differently (and even if you could have, having to perform the whole time you were seeing someone would be exhausting, no?).

Concentrate on the next first date!

3. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm trying not to, and rationally I know that it's not my fault. It just makes my stomach upset knowing that you kinda dump your heart out while texting the days leading up to it, only to be ignored in the aftermath.

4. hubcap

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It has happened to me. I thought we had a good time, but I didn't feel any sort of spark or connection. We never talked or even texted after so I guess she felt the same way.

5. it's happened to me a bit before and i have done it to others. i had limited dating experiences so when i liked someone and they fell off after the first date, i felt like, that was not possible. how could they not like me. we had fun. why wouldn't they want more. but you can't make someone like you.

my only advice is lessen the amount of time and contact you have b4 a first date. a lot of people meet on the internet or app and there's all this texting back and forth for days and sometimes weeks before you even meet the person, so it's hard to not feel like you already are in a mini relationship before you even meet them. then when they do not respond back, you feel horrible because inside you think, "oh i guess they are not texting me because i wasn't good enough". you are good enough. just not a match between you both. just move on. theres someone better.

6. Runner5

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Timeforchange, that's exactly what happened, so thank you for that advice!

I'm feeling better about it, but I'm also annoyed because until last week, I was pretty happy being single. Now I've realized that I miss being in a relationship, but am also very hesitant about looking for one.