1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First "Date" and more! need advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Void Puppy, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Void Puppy

Hey all!

So yesterday was the day, my bf came back from vacation on Monday, and yesterday we met up at the movie theater for the first time in a month!

When he came in the theater and saw me, he ran up to me and hugged me tight! Despite my worry about this earlier, it was okay and felt kinda good :3

We got tickets and sat down, the movie was good and I enjoyed his company.

He drove me home, and when I started getting out of the car, he grabbed my arm and pulled me in, told me he loved me, then kissed my shoulder and playfully pushed me a little bit. It was crazy, I wasn't expecting it at all! So instead of saying something back, I just got really awkward and said "thanks man" and then quickly got out of the car.

I texted him later and told him I was just nervous and that I love him back.

Anyway, his parents just invited me to go on a two week long trip to the beach with them! It sounds like the best thing ever.

However, I know my parents will be suspicious about this. My mom already has her suspicions, and I really doubt she's gonna be so keen on me going on a trip with my friend, but then again I don't know.

His parents are super awesome by the way. They know I'm bi and are supportive of me (my bf hasn't come out to them yet but he is going to in the next few days most likely), and they know about my family situation (not good). So they know that my mom will probably be hesitant to let me go, so they're gonna introduce the idea to my parents in person when I go over to his place on Friday (we're building a PC together).

I'm also kinda nervous about the whole trip in general, for a couple reasons.

I don't know his family all that well, although I do know that his parents like me. I'm afraid of being awkward around them.

Not to mention, he's gonna be out of the closet by the time the trip happens, so I'm also worried about how I'm gonna act around my boyfriend around them. I assume they'd expect me to show my feelings towards him in front of them but I don't know if I'd be able to, because I've never done that before.

I also don't have any money. My parents don't either. We're barely paying the bills, and my bf knows this fact. He said that I don't have to worry about paying for anything, but I feel really guilty about not being able to pull my weight, especially with his parents right there. It's embarrassing to admit you can't afford to go on a vacation :/

Last thing I'm worried about is not wearing a shirt at the beach. If anyone is curious why, you can read more about the gynecomastia problem I have here.

So yea, any advice on all of this stuff? Thanks EC <3

2. Void Puppy

Anyone? That day is looming on me and I'm getting more and more nervous :s

3. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

I don't have any experience and can't really help a lot but I can tell you that you shouldn't worry about pulling your own weight in terms of money. My parents were never rich and also couldn't afford big holidays. A friend of mine had pretty rich parents and they would take me with them quite a lot. We aren't friends anymore because he turned into a di*k but his parents treated me like their own son and they knew that I wasn't rich. So I guess that you have enough/more important things to worry about than this. Your BF's parents sound like nice people so I'm sure they are more than happy to take you with them. :slight_smile:

4. charlatan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't worry about the money thing, really. When someone offers you something they really mean it. I have a friend who barely eats enough so me and all my friends take him out all the time. He feels like he has to refuse, but he really doesn't. You'd help out someone you loved too.

Parents definitely DON'T expect you to show too much affection as a boyfriend in front of them. They'd just like to know about it and that's it. You can do that stuff in private and make sure your door is locked eh?

Also, don't worry about the gynecomastia thing. If your boyfriend doesn't care, nobody else matters.