1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making new friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MorKor001, Jul 22, 2015.

1. MorKor001

MorKor001 Guest

Hi all.
    I joined the forum today. This is my first post. I was nervous to join. I have been on and off the site over the past month just reading. It is indeed a very supportive community.
    I'm posting here hoping to get some advice or even maybe make a friend.
    I came out 10 years ago. My family and friends all know. I am in a comfortable place where I don't care who knows. I like who I am.
    The problem is making friends in the gay community has never been easy for me. Living in Korea where it's almost impossible without using applications has proved disastrous and I have reached a point where the loneliness is taking its toll. I have no friends back in my own country (sad). I have had only 2 relationships in my life. Both ended awkwardly. One was in SA and the other here in Korea.
    It seems that in order to make friends I need to look like a model and be into the scene with clubbing etc.
    I am not that guy. I don't feel comfortable at all in those places.
    I feel stupid that at my age I can't even make friends. I don't know how. I can't make gay friends here without them thinking i want to hook up. I do not do that. They throw me aside.

I can't return to my country unfortunately so I am hoping to make friends somehow.
    Any advice?

Thank you so much.

2. Caecilian65

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm quite new here too. That seems harsh that thats all their looking for. I am sure you will eventually meet someone in the community like that. I am the same, I do not enjoy clubbing at all. For me give me wide open spaces and the Australian Outback:slight_smile:.

I am not anywhere near fully coming out yet, so hopefully other with similar experiences can respond.

Have you tried looking at some group sites? I'm not sure what avenues you've looked at already. Just in my area, I have found some different groups not related to clubbing etc. and just wanting to have fun doing something together. Maybe make some friends.

Take Care and Welcome.
    CS65

---------- Post added 24th Jul 2015 at 06:43 PM ----------

Apologies, unclear quick reply, I meant someone like that as in: someone who just wants to be friends and not go clubbing.

Hope that makes sense.
    CS65