1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, does he feel the same way?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DoubleDark, Jul 23, 2015.

1. DoubleDark

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    well there is this guy for the purposes of this post ill call him "josh" well I've known him for several years I'm 18 and he is 17 we are good friends but I really wana be more than that.....

He is a really nice guy, he treats me like a really good friend, he is always there for me when I need him, we get along really well and we have ALOT in common (music tastes ect ect) + he is absolutely stunning... Like I get nervous when he so much as looks at me lol

What I really want to know is, does he like me in the same way I like him, he is kind of shy so he probably would want me to make the first move so to speak.

When he is around me he treats me better than I've seen him be to any of his other friends like if there is ever an argument he will always jump in on my side (even if I'm wrong), I sometimes catch him stealing glances but he will always look away if I look back, he gives me a lot of unnecessary physical contact like putting his arm around me or giving me hugs ect ☺️ He has also bought me small gifts for no reason just to be nice. Lastly he is very accepting of the lgbt community and has some feminine mannerisms.

Now he is a great friend and I really don't want to mistake the feelings of friendship for something more.... He has no idea that I'm bi or that I like him (I hope lol)

Can someone please help me I'm so confused. Thanks in advance <3

2. Manitoban

I would say if he is friendly to the community that you might think of coming out to him. I wouldn't mention your attraction but if he is gay, bi or even curious there's a good chance he'll mention that to you once you come out to him.

If he is Gay or bi then i think you nay have an opportunity.

That's my two cents anyhow. :slight_smile:

3. DoubleDark

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the reply :grin: tbh if I was to come out to anyone it would be to him xD but kind of nervous about all that :s

4. Manitoban

Re: So, does he feel the same way?

Understandable of course. The first couple people I came out to I was 99% sure wouldn't care. Yet I was still visibly shaking when I told my first friend and even the next couple. There is that fear of the unknown I suppose.

In my case the fear was completely irrational. All of my friends and family were completely okay with it and I got a lot closer with some because of it.

5. DoubleDark

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow, I'm glad it worked out so well for you Tbh Ik most of my friends and family would be okay with it but they would probably be vey shocked lol.

I wouldn't mind if my friends shunned me as long as I got to date "josh" lmao xD

6. Manitoban

Most of my friends and family were rather shocked as well. I don't carry the stereotypical behavior and work in heavy construction of all things.

However those stereotypes are a rather bad indicator.

I hope things work out well for you as well whenever you decide to make the plunge. :slight_smile: