1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get over a crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bookreader, Jul 23, 2015.

1. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    This boy from Germany came to my school and long story short, I had a crush on him. He had told me that he would be going back to Germany a day before Spring Break. So on his final week, I was sad and depressed that I wouldn't see him again. On his final day, I walked him home and gave him a hug. Next day I was emotional.3 months later, how do I get over him?

2. coolbiguy98

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, I haven't been in quite a similar experience... However, I have had to 'Get over' a serious crush. Here's what I did and how I feel about it now.

I really liked this guy, he lives in my city and we met online. We went on a 'first date' (More of a social meetup and chat), but after that I didn't hear from him as often as I previously did. I felt head over heals for this guy (Which now, I think is ridiculous) but it's true. When I finally realized that 'US' wasn't going anywhere... I was VERY emotional, I even cried.

The fact that he cut me off made me feel angry... and I was struggling to move on, so what did I do?! This may seem a tad (or very) extreme, but I literally blocked him on everything I had.. Facebook, Snap-chat, text. I removed every trace of him from my life and focused on the more important things in my life, like friends and family. What do you know, it worked.

I feel stupid for even liking him in the first place. In fact, if he asked me out on a date tomorrow, I'd say no... probably not even respond.

I know our situations are A LOT different, but it has a similar context. I'd recommend (if you still talk to him) limiting all contact and only speaking every so often... don't be rude or blunt, but just keep it short and simple and you'll think about him less and less.

Hope I could help somewhat, Ry.