1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gener neutral cute nicknames?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PurpleKitten, Jul 26, 2015.

1. PurpleKitten

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So my partner, came out as genderfluid a while ago so they go by they/them/theirs pronouns and etc. They asked me to refer to them in gender neutral ways and I feel really cold because I don't use the cute nicknames I used to say like "Angel" and "Beautiful" and I know that really everyone can be an angel or beautiful. Do you think they'll mind if i still called them that? I don't want them to think im going against their wishes or whatever. Do you guys know of any more genderneutral nicknames? I'm just tired of always saying babe

2. Alex Vause

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    "Honey" and "Sweetie" might work. "Darling" is gender neutral, but it could be a little too Jane Austen. I guess it depends on your own preferences.

I think you should probably talk to them about calling them "Angel" and "Beautiful".

Perhaps "Precious Cinnamon Bun" would work?

3. PurpleKitten

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Omg your so funny, Alex Vause, Precious Cinnamon Bun sounds really good

4. blossoms

blossoms Guest

I tend use love/my lovely quite a lot to refer to both male and female friends, and occasionally will use my darling. Like the above poster I'd suggest talking to them about what sort of names they prefer, just to make sure that they feel completely comfortable :slight_smile:

5. Sanna

My personal favorite is "potato", "honey", and "honey bunches of oats." For tall, adorable gay males, I prefer "gorilla" (don't know why :grin:)